WSOLA
Alex Dashevski
2018-10-13 14:40:32 UTC
Hi,

Could you explain why we need an overlap parameter in the WSOLA ? How can I
find optimal values ? What effect will I get if I use bigger or smaller
value ?

Thanks,
Alex
Stefan Sullivan
2018-10-13 17:03:34 UTC
Because the o stands for overlap.
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/319366. I'm not specifically familiar
with wsola, but if it's like the other overlap-add techniques then starting
with some overlap and modifying that relationship is the fundamental way to
change the sound.

Wikipedia has a decent article on pitch timescale modifications.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_time_stretching_and_pitch_scaling

Stefan